Engineering Team LeadSouth Africa
Aside from killer coding skills, we're also looking for someone who is able to manage people and priorities. Your role will be to take responsibility for the team's execution, the quality of their code and the speed and cadence at which they produce it. But most importantly, you are also responsible for the team's culture, environment, and overall growth of the people on it.
As Team Lead, your software engineering team will be comprised of software engineers, QAs, product designers, and a product manager) working in an agile environment, and you will be the point of contact for internal teams and clients. Considering the diverse and exciting things happening in our industry and the increasing expectations of our customers, we do our best to keep you busy with things you are really interested in and that will further your career.
Regarding your qualifications - we realize there is always a specific technology and language you specialize in but we expect you to be comfortable dealing with both the backend and frontend components of our system. Excellent technical abilities, leadership, decision making, strong communication skills, and adaptability to new technologies are a must.
What you will be doing
- Guide the team of engineers on Company values
- Oversee the team of engineers to deliver our product feature roadmap - from design time to supporting in production. Drive software development activities to meet schedules and timelines.
- Drive user story analysis, elaboration and design
- Provide guidance and be a mentor to the SCRUM team.
- Enable the change and make it happen
- Consultation to other departments for the creation of training or other go-to-market materials
- Provide key feedback and assistance on development plans and evaluations
- Conduct research into new tools, techniques, and best practices + facilitating knowledge sharing within the team
Our technology stack
- C# / NodeJS
- ASP.NET MVC
- .NET Core 3.1
- MS SQL Server / PostgreSQL / MongoDb
- React JS, JSX, SCSS + Webpack / npm
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services incl. Serverless Technologies
Requirements and qualifications
- 10+ years relevant experience developing mission critical web and server applications in agile environment (preferably C# / Asp.Net)
- Experience with running applications on one of the public cloud providers like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Ability to work effectively with engineers, cross-functional teams and business partners
- Project Management skills.
- Previous experience leading development teams is a plus.
- Application of agile development processes in a leadership capacity.
- Proven experience with Microsoft .NET technologies including, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework.
- Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing and support.
- Ability to manage large scale web/database applications.
- Should have working knowledge of using the latest development tools and techniques.
- Must have good problem solving and analysis skills.
- Right to work in South Africa
- Team-player with strong communication & collaboration skills.
- Previous experience with ecommerce website development is preferred.
- Previous experience with distributed application technologies is a plus.