Node.js Backend Software EngineerSouth Africa
Orderin is the leading business-to-business on-demand logistics and technology provider in South Africa. We provide the technology and last mile logistics that powers brands’ own direct-to-consumer channels. McDonalds, PnP/Bottles and Burger King all rely on our infrastructure to help reach their customers in minutes.
On-demand logistics and technology infrastructure is at the heart of the future of commerce, and our platform allows businesses of all sizes to scale up dynamically on both fronts, saving them significant time and resources while bringing deep industry knowledge to help them grow their digital revenue.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and open-minded software engineer to work on one of the core components of our technology responsible for fast and efficient delivery operations and driver fleet management.
This component of our technology has the potential to open up completely new markets and enable thousands of entrepreneurs and corporates to participate in the on-demand industry, an industry our customers are fast adopting on a day-to-day basis.
If you love building products that your friends use daily, have a curious mind that you indulge with hours of self-learning and most importantly, are grateful for every failure and embrace change, then you'll fit right in with our family.
What you will be doing
- Build reusable APIs for our delivery system in Node.js that work at an ever-growing scale
- Taking full ownership of the features you are working on - from design time to supporting in production
- Create and maintain scalable infrastructure leveraging modern cloud platforms
- Do regular code reviews and promote best practices
- Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies and tools
Our delivery technology stack
- Amazon Web Services
- Meteor JS
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience with backend services development in Node.js and related technologies
- Experience in design and implementation of RESTful APIs
- Understanding SOA / microservices architecture
- Being able to write fast and pragmatic tests, understanding the purpose and the difference between different types of testing
- Relational database experience such as PostgreSQL
- NoSQL database experience such as MongoDB
- Amazon Web Services experience
- Understanding branching strategies and continuous delivery cycles
- Experience configuring and maintaining build tools
- Ability to work in agile, fast-paced environment
- Great oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Right to work in South Africa
- eCommerce experience is a bonus
- Experience with other backend languages is a bonus
- DevOps and Docker experience is a bonus