Regional Territory ManagerGauteng
The role of the Regional Territory Manager is to manage the outbound functions of the Logistics team, representing Orderin on an operational level in the field – striving for high standards, being customer obsessed, and focused on efficiency throughout the delivery process. You will be based in Gauteng with your primary focus on scaling operations in this region, together with other inland regions.
Managing a team of Operations Experts, you will ensure that our deliveries are executed as efficiently as possible and delivered in the most reliable and fastest manner, coupled with the best service. You will also investigate and advise where necessary, making sure our clients’ stores and collection points are optimised for fast and reliable delivery.
You will empower delivery and store operations at scale through a data-driven, analytical approach and an operational mindset. Your team will be meticulous in their processes to ensure service of the highest standards, be driven by the joy to problem solve, finding answers by fully understanding the issue with every aspect involved.
- Be responsible for delivery efficiency and other applicable Key Performance Indicators or Service Level Agreements (KPI’s/SLA’s) against company-wide Objectives and Key Results (OKR’s) in your region;
- Establish and oversee the adoption of the department’s vision at a regional level;
- Escalate areas for improvement and ideating improvement processes internally and externally, to ensure standardised, efficient delivery experiences for end-customers, store staff and delivery-partners alike;
- Fully understand nuances occurring in different client industries, geographies and markets - and uncover ways to adapt processes and product in order to build sustainable partnerships with clients;
- Travel to different regions to support Operations Experts on a regional level, conducting regular trade visits;
- Work closely with the training team to create training material to address any potential inefficiencies in delivery-partner performance;
- Construct plans for standardised delivery experiences for delivery partners across multiple different clients, across multiple different industries;
- Work closely with the Customer & Delivery Success (CDS) team to investigate, address and eradicate any reported complaints, related to delivery-partners or in-store processes;
- Ensure high standards of delivery by ensuring the delivery-partner network is perfectly presentable and delivering with the highest standards at all times;
- Work closely with the Key Accounts Management (KAM) team, leading the rollout of delivery services to new or existing operating areas;
- Find ways to measure, improve and maintain store sentiment;
- Create stronger client relationships by being the go-to for all things related to Orderin field operations;
- Responsible for building high trust and meaningful relationships with key stakeholders in the field;
- Report on delivery and store efficiencies, working closely with the Head of Logistics to identify areas and ways for improvement as well as implementing these;
- Report on delivery-partner and store network inefficiencies and work closely with the product team to automate processes.
- At least 2-4+ years of operational experience gained in e-hauling, on-demand eCommerce, logistics/fulfilment, retail or last-mile delivery & couriering is absolutely essential;
- 2-4+ years of management experience, working with distributed teams of 10+;
- Reliable transport, based in Johannesburg but readily available to travel to respective inland provinces as the need arises;
- A proven track record of performing well against SLA’s;
- Experience in creating, testing and optimizing processes real-time or near real-time; you love developing smart and efficient processes that solve issues before they mature into problems, and have solid experience creating and implement departmental SOP’s;
- Excellent working knowledge of the South African labour law framework with the ability to manage, coach and motivate remote teams;
- Exceptional interpersonal and client relations skills;
- Good Excel/ data management skills;
- Passion for diving into the details to solve the hardest problems;
- You often find simple solutions to complex problems due to your critical thinking skills, and have the ability to take decisive action;
- You are well spoken and have the ability to speak clearly and confidently in all business settings;
- Team player who knows that wins are created by a team, not an individual;
- Resourceful and action-oriented with the ability to maintain a positive approach even when under pressure.
To be considered for the role, you need:
- To be based in Gauteng with the ability to travel within the region (including Free State, North West, Limpopo, Mpumulanga and Northern Cape
- To be legally authorised to work in South Africa
- A valid drivers' licence and reliable transport