Scrum MasterRemote (within 2 hours of GMT+2)
This role is ideally suited to a dynamic and articulate scrum master looking to develop their career in a start-up environment. You will be the glue in the engineering team by delegating tasks appropriately, ensuring the team is working on the right tasks at the right time, and that the team is fully deployed and not idle. You will also work closely with the product manager to translate epics, stories, and other items on the sprint list into actionable tasks for the engineering team.
Together with the Product Manager and Engineering Team, you will also review and develop the scrum artifacts including product backlog and sprint backlog and monitor the process to keep the scrum moving, and continuously report on developments, celebrate successes, and define, understand and resolve roadblocks to produce, ship and support awesome solutions.
- Challenge and improve the operation of the team as an agile workstream, driving their performance and capability to succeed
- Coach team members in agile frameworks
- Ensure the path is clear for the team, helping to remove blockers, facilitating discussions, enabling seamless communications and working with the team to clarify the product backlog
- Use the agile framework to manage risks, issues & defects and enabling the team to drive solutions forward and escalate these if required
- Ensure that the groomed backlog is up to date 100% of the time.
- Collaborate with product managers, design, and engineering to collectively define the team's work
- Plan, coordinate, organize and track projects through to implementation.
- Coordinate planning, backlog grooming, sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Track the velocity of each sprint team over time and provide input on how velocity could be improved.
- Provide input to ensure more accurate sprint estimation over time to accelerate delivery of proposed sprint contents.
- Lead Multiple Agile Teams
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Business Analysis or similar field
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) credentials or a similar Agile Certification is essential
- At least 5 years experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity with software development, specifically Saas and/or e-commerce is preferred
- Good knowledge of Jira
- Ability to structure and lead multidisciplinary and multi-level stakeholder meetings.
- Ability to synthesise and communicate in a non-technical language.
- Very good communication, facilitation, ability to influence and conflict resolution skills.
- Servant leadership approach
- Outstanding organisational skills