Senior DevOps EngineerSouth Africa
… at Orderin
Orderin is one of South Africa’s leading on-demand delivery services. We deliver our customers’ favourite meals, beverages and other goods right to their doorstep, all in a matter of minutes… and we do it with mad amounts of love.
The on-demand delivery industry is rapidly transforming and Orderin has been at the forefront of this movement. Orderin operates in South Africa’s major metropoles and is continuously increasing its reach.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced and open-minded devops engineer to work on expanding and maintaining our current system’s ability to continue to deliver excellent customer service and be a pioneer in our market.
Excellent technical abilities, leadership, decision making, strong communication skills, and adaptability to new technologies are a must.
Considering the diverse and exciting things happening in our industry and the increasing expectations of our customers, we do our best to keep you busy with things you are really interested in and that will further your career.
Our technology stack
- C# / NodeJS / Python
- ASP.NET MVC
- .NET Core 3.1
- MS SQL Server / PostgreSQL / MongoDb
- React JS, JSX, SCSS + Webpack / npm
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Amazon Web Services incl. Serverless Technologies (Lambdas, etc)
Requirements (experience) and qualifications
- Minimum 4 years in a similar role
- Database experience on PostgreSQL or any database derivative through administration.
- Container experience on Docker and container orchestration platforms
- Cloud infrastructure experience (built and managed) on any of the following: AWS, Azure
- Source control using Git and Github
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Elastic)
- Automation and infrastructure as code (Pupper/Ansible/SaltStack/Terraform)
- Intermediate understanding of Cloud network topologies and configuration techniques such as VLANs, VPNs or VNETs
- Some exposure to software development
- Experience working in an AGILE environment
- Comfortable working with a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Good Iac Terraform
- AWS (High knowledge requirement) and GCP (Some knowledge)
- Docker, Helm, Kustomize (High knowledge requirement)
- Prometheus and Elastic (High knowledge requirement on either)
- Message/event queues
- CI/CD (CircleCI, GitHub Actions, etc)
- General networking
- Security concepts: Container and host security, network security and application security. Not looking for a SecOps person, but don't want someone that will just create more work in that area either
- Right to work in South Africa